Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oak Cabinets Go White

We have lived in our house for 5 years and there has been one consistent source of discontent!  My UGLY medium oak kitchen cabinets!  I finally decided enough is enough and they MUST BE PAINTED!  The color of choice: WHITE.  After getting roughly 15 quotes, I finally decided on a painter who specialized in painting oak and had the best sample and price.  We had him paint a "cotton" white on our kitchen cabinets, 3 bathroom cabinets, as well as a dark walnut on the stair banister.  I am so thrilled with the result!!!  I have to say....it was definitely money well spent.   

My oak cabinet’s were the ugly duckling they've been transformed into a beautiful swan. 

Below is BEFORE:
Here is AFTER:
One of our contractors recommended adding beadboard to dress up the kitchen.  I really like how it turned out:

Here is a before and after of the stair banister:


And the bathroom before and afters:

I guess what I learned with this project is that ugliness is only temporary…you can find beauty in all things.  Even my horrible oak cabinets.

3 comments: